OTHER RECENT NEWS
- The United Colleges Group re-awards ICTS UK & Ireland its security services contract
- ICTS Security Technology effectively stops attempted break-in at major construction contractor site
- The European Space Agency re-selects ICTS Europe as its trusted Pan-European security partner
- Armed Forces Day - 26 June 2021
- Congratulations to our 2021 ACS Pacesetters Security Officer of Distinction
- The LTA re-selects ICTS UK & Ireland’s Canine teams to secure tennis tournaments
- ICTS UK & Ireland is recognised as an Open College Network (OCN) Training Centre offering a range of dog handler courses
- Another Record SIA ACS Performance by ICTS (UK) LTD
- Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust and Croydon Health Services NHS Trust re-appoint ICTS UK & Ireland as their security partner
Rapid COVID-19 testing facilities introduced at Southampton Airport
New rapid COVID-19 testing facilities have been introduced at Southampton Airport.
This service expansion to Southampton follows the successful introduction of testing facilities at Aberdeen and Glasgow airports in March this year. The terminal-based facilities offer passengers both PCR and antigen testing.
AGS Airports Ltd has now introduced the new testing facilities across its three airports in partnership with ICTS UK & Ireland and TAC Healthcare Group.
TAC Healthcare Group will run the onsite testing lab providing passengers with a quick and convenient pre-flight service. Results of PCR tests are returned within an improved time of 12 hours, while antigen test results take just 15 minutes. In addition to the provision of aviation security services, the ICTS Security teams facilitate the testing services at all three airports owned by AGS Airports Ltd.
Facilities at the airport have been designed to support pre-booked appointments for passengers. PCR testing can be done either via a park-and-test method in the airport’s short stay multi-storey car park or a walk-up test within the terminal.
Passengers are advised to make appointments for either testing method in advance and directly through Southampton Airport’s website, which also include links to the latest UK Government travel advice. A specialist TAC Healthcare-run testing lab has been set up to provide passengers with a quick and convenient pre-flight service.
Steve Szalay, Operations Director at Southampton Airport, said: “The introduction of these fantastic on-site testing facilities will not only provide our passengers with a quick and convenient service, they will be instrumental in providing support to our safe restart plans as international flights resume following the lifting of restrictions earlier this month.”
Phil Webb, CEO of C7 Health (Parent Company of TAC Healthcare Group), said: “TAC is delighted to further support ICTS and AGS and through our continuing advancement in technology allowing us to promote a more efficient service that will support the return to air travel in a safe and efficient manner.”
ICTS UK & Ireland, Managing Director, Andy Kynoch said: “We are pleased to provide passengers with an easy and convenient testing facility which supports the safe resumption of air travel. Our collaboration with the AGS Group and TAC Healthcare echoes ICTS’ theme for this year: winning through teamwork and innovation.”
More information and bookings can be found at: www.southamptonairport.com