OTHER RECENT NEWS
- ICTS UK & Ireland is appointed official security provider at the British-Irish Airports EXPO 2018
- ICTS is awarded the International Organisation for Standardization - ISO 27001 and OHSAS 18001
- ICTS' new Contract with Air New Zealand has started at London Heathrow Airport
- Wintersong Charity Concert in aid of City of London Police Charity for Children
- ICTS Winners of the 'SECURITY GUARDING COMPANY OF THE YEAR OVER 50M TURNOVER' Award
- ICTS is re-selected by SriLankan Airlines for the provision of security services at London Heathrow Airport
- Celebrating ICTS' 30th Anniversary
- ICTS UK & Ireland has become a proud member of Security Research Initiative (SRI).
- 2017 Security & Fire Excellence Awards Finalists
- ICTS introduces a new Apprenticeship Scheme in collaboration with John Ruskin College
- ICTS is a proud partner of VETS - Veterans Employment Transition Support programme
- Happy Birthday ICTS! 30 years of excellence in Security
- Top Safety Accreditation for ICTS
- New contract with Cisco commenced 1 August 2017
- American Express appoints ICTS to provide security across their UK portfolio
ICTS provides extra security at Bristol and Cardiff Airports during 2017 UEFA Champions League Final weekend
More than 100,000 fans from all over Europe flocked to Cardiff at the beginning of June 2017 to enjoy the 2017 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Women’s Champions League finals.
ICTS aviation security teams worked together to support the extra services requested by Bristol and Cardiff Airports in view of the great number of spectators using the airports.
“The UEFA Champions League event was a perfect opportunity to demonstrate our ‘one team’ approach with our aviation security personnel coming together to deliver an excellent service. The event, for which planning started months ago, saw the integration of our teams who during peak passenger flows were managing 22 central search lanes at the two locations. We are delighted with the outcome of the event and feedback received” said James Hogg, Executive Director Operations, ICTS UK & Ireland.
“I really am very grateful to ICTS for supporting Cardiff Airport with additional manning in the Security function to allow us to deliver the UCL event in such a critical area” said Ceri Mashlan, General Manager Airport Operations, Cardiff Airport.
In March 2016, following 10 years of providing aviation security to Cardiff Airport, our security team moved in-house, in line with the Airport’s business plans. Since then, ICTS has continued to work with Cardiff Airport providing operational event and training support.
ICTS’ partnership with Bristol Airport began in 2007, providing ad-hoc staff to assist in Central Search operations. In 2009, ICTS was contracted to provide all security and customer service roles and at the start of 2016, ICTS was re-awarded the contract for the provision of security services for a further 3 years.
Photo: One of ICTS aviation security teams travelling from London Heathrow Airport to support the operations at Bristol and Cardiff Airports.